Find legal information and resources related to Sync products and services.
Date of last revision January 19, 2018
- Acceptance of Terms
- You may not use the Services if you are prohibited by Law (as defined below in Section 2(d)) from receiving or using the Services. Also, unless expressly stated in the Additional Terms for any given Service, you may not use the Services unless you are fully able and competent to enter into the conditions, obligations, representations and other terms of these General Terms and are either of legal age to form a binding contract with Resilio, possess legal parental or guardian consent or are an emancipated minor.
In particular, unless expressly stated in the Additional Terms for any given Service, you affirm that you are over the age of 13 and acknowledge that these Services were not intended for children under 13.
- Resilio makes certain Services and Materials available only if you have paid a fee or have created a Resilio ID and password or other log-in ID and password (collectively, Account Information). Some Services may also be subject to a subscription or other agreement, posted guidelines, rules, or terms of service (Additional Terms). If there is any conflict between the General Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms take precedence in relation to that Service. The General Terms and any applicable Additional Terms and all other documents incorporated by reference in these General Terms are referred to herein as the Terms.
- Resilio may change the Terms from time to time at its sole discretion, including by imposing a charge for access to or use of a Service. If such changes are made, Resilio will make a new copy of the General Terms available at https://resilio.com/legal/terms-of-use, with any new Additional Terms made available to you from within or through the affected Service. Resilio may require you to provide consent to the updated Terms in a specified manner before further use of the Services is permitted. Otherwise, your continued use of any affected Service constitutes your acceptance of the changes.
Your use of the Services is subject to the most current version of the Terms posted on or through the affected Service at the time of such use.
Please regularly check https://resilio.com/legal/terms-of-use to view the then-current General Terms and Addition Terms.
- Services and Materials provided by third parties are governed by separate agreements accompanying such Services and Materials.
- Use of Services and Materials
- You agree to adhere to all limitations on dissemination, use and reproduction of any Materials that you download or access from the Services.
- Unless expressly agreed to by Resilio in writing elsewhere, Resilio has no obligation to store any Materials that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available through your use of the Services (Your Content). User Content means any Materials uploaded by you or the other users of the Services. Resilio has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or accuracy of any Materials, including Your Content, the failure to store, transmit or receive transmission of Materials, or the security, privacy, storage or transmission of other communications originating with or involving use of the Services. Certain Services may enable you to specify the level at which such Services restrict access to Your Content. You are solely responsible for Your Content. You agree that Resilio retains the right to create reasonable limits on the use of the Materials, including Your Content, such as limits on file size, storage space, processing capacity, and similar limits described in the web pages accompanying the Services and as otherwise determined by Resilio in its sole discretion.
- You agree that your Account Information will always be complete, accurate and up-to-date. It is your responsibility to keep your Account Information confidential at all times and you are solely responsible for all activity that occurs to your Account Information when you are logged in to your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your account or Account Information, or any other breach of security, you agree to notify Resilio immediately. You may not use another person's Account Information. Resilio may require that you change your Account Information or certain parts of your Account Information at any time for any reason.
- You agree to use the Services and the Materials only for purposes that are permitted by the Terms and any applicable law, regulation, or generally accepted practices or guidelines in any applicable jurisdiction (including any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other applicable countries) (Law).
- You agree not to access or attempt to access the Services by any means other than the interface provided by Resilio or circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services.
- The Services and Resilio Materials, and their selection and arrangement, are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secret, unfair competition, and other intellectual and proprietary rights (the Intellectual Property Rights). Except as expressly provided in the Terms, Resilio and its suppliers do not grant any express or implied rights to use the Services and Materials.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the Services (the Marks) are the property of Resilio or third parties. You are not permitted to use the Marks without the prior consent of Resilio or the third party that may own the Marks. Resilio, Sync, Connect and the Resilio, Sync, and Connect logos are trademarks of Resilio, Inc.
- Use of Software
- Any Software that is made available via the Services or otherwise by Resilio is the property of Resilio and its suppliers. If the Software made available via the Services is accompanied by license terms, then use of such Software is governed by the terms of such license agreement that accompanies or is included with the Software, or by the license agreement expressly stated on the hyperlinks referenced in the Software. Some license terms are available for review in the End User License Agreement (EULA). Other license terms may only be posted with the Software downloads or at the web page where the Software can be accessed. You shall not use, download or install any Software that is accompanied by or includes a license agreement unless you agree to the terms of such license agreement. Any copying or redistribution of the Software is prohibited, including any copying or redistribution of the Software to any other server or location, redistribution or use on a service bureau basis. If there is any conflict between these Terms and the license agreement provided with such Software, the license agreement shall take precedence in relation to that Software.
- If no license agreement accompanies the Software, use of the Software will be governed by the terms of this Section 4(b). Resilio grants you a personal, worldwide, freely revocable, limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, royalty-free, non-assignable, nonexclusive license to use the Software for personal, non-commercial purposes in the manner permitted by the Terms. You agree that you will not decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of or distribute the Software. Notwithstanding the foregoing, decompiling the Software is permitted to the extent the laws of the jurisdiction where you are located give you the right to do so to obtain information necessary to render the Software interoperable with other software, provided, however, that you must first request the information from Resilio and Resilio may, in its discretion, either provide such information to you or impose reasonable conditions, including reasonable fees, on use of the Software to ensure that Resilio's Intellectual Property Rights in the Software are protected. You may not assign (or grant a sublicense of) your rights to use the Software, grant a security interest in or over your rights to use the Software, or otherwise transfer any part of your rights to use the Software. For clarity, your use of the Software is also subject to the disclaimers and limitations in Sections 13 and 15 below and your compliance with the export control provisions of Section 18.
- The Software may automatically download and install updates from Resilio from time to time. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the Services and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new Software modules and completely new versions. You agree to receive such updates (and permit Resilio to deliver these to you with or without your knowledge) as part of your use of the Services.
- Use of Resilio Materials, User Content and Shared Group Content
- Except as expressly indicated to the contrary in any applicable Additional Terms, Resilio hereby grants you a nonexclusive, freely revocable (upon notice from Resilio), nontransferable, license to view, download and print Resilio Materials, subject to the following conditions:
- You may access and use the Resilio Materials solely for personal, informational, non-commercial and internal purposes, in accordance with the Terms;
- You may not modify or alter the Resilio Materials;
- You may not distribute or sell, rent, lease, license or otherwise make the Resilio Materials available to others; and
- You may not remove any text, copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Resilio Materials.
- Some Services involve collaboration and file-sharing services among other users or a specific group in conjunction with such collaboration and file-sharing. The User Content that you or other Users share with other Users through the Services shall be referred to as Shared Group Content. While some Services offer functionality to limit another User's use of your Shared Group Content, such limitations are not guaranteed and it is your sole responsibility to determine what limitations, if any, are placed on Shared Group Content that you distribute. You agree that Resilio has no liability of any kind should other Users use, modify, destroy, corrupt, copy or distribute your Shared Group Content in violation of the limitations that you may impose on its use. Further, it is your sole responsibility to determine what limitations are placed on your use of another User's Shared Group Content, including by looking at a given Service's functionality and Additional Terms along with any additional restrictions placed by such User on your use of their Shared Group Content
- Software is subject to the additional provisions governing Software set forth herein.
- The rights granted to you in Resilio Materials as specified above are not applicable to the design, layout or look and feel of the of any Services. Such elements of the Services are protected by Intellectual Property Rights and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No Resilio Materials may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by Resilio.
- Except as expressly indicated to the contrary in any applicable Additional Terms, Resilio hereby grants you a nonexclusive, freely revocable (upon notice from Resilio), nontransferable, license to view, download and print Resilio Materials, subject to the following conditions:
- User Conduct
- You agree that you, not Resilio, are entirely responsible for all of Your Content that you distribute, perform, display, upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available on or through the Services (Make Available), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted. You assume all risks associated with use of Your Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Intellectual Property Rights, or have obtained all necessary license(s) and permission(s), to use Your Content in keeping with your use in connection with the Services or as otherwise permitted by the Terms; (ii) you have the rights necessary to grant the license and sublicenses described in the Terms; and (iii) you have received consent from any and all persons depicted in Your Content to use Your Content as set forth in the Terms, including distribution, public display, public performance and reproduction of Your Content.
- You acknowledge and agree that by accessing or using the Services or Materials, you may be exposed to Materials (including Shared Group Content) from others that you may consider offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable and hereby do waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Resilio with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Resilio, its affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Services or Materials.
- You agree not to use, or to encourage or permit others to use, the Services to:
- Make Available any Material that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, obscene, child-pornographic, lewd, profane, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Stalk, intimidate and/or harass another;
- Incite others to commit violence;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Make Available any Material that you do not have a right to Make Available under any Law or contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- Make Available any Material that infringes any Intellectual Property Right or other proprietary right of any party;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any of Materials posted on or transmitted through the Services;
- Use the Services or Materials such that it will mislead a User into believing that they are interacting directly with Resilio or any Service;
- Engage in any chain letters, contests, junk email, pyramid schemes, spamming, surveys or other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- Use any Resilio domain name as a pseudonymous return email address;
- Make Available any Material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Access or use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any Resilio server or the networks connected to any Resilio server;
- Intentionally or unintentionally interfere with or disrupt the Services or violate any applicable Laws related to the access to or use of the Services, violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services, or engage in any activity prohibited by the Terms;
- Disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Services, Materials, systems resources, accounts, passwords, servers or networks connected to or accessible through the Services or any affiliated or linked sites;
- Disrupt, interfere with, or inhibit any other User from using and enjoying the Services or Materials, or other affiliated or linked sites, Services or Materials;
- Access or attempt to access any Material that you are not authorized to access or through any means not intentionally made available through the Services;
- Market any goods or services for any business purposes (including advertising and making offers to buy or sell goods or services), unless specifically allowed to do so by Resilio;
- Reproduce, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Services or any Materials, use of any Service or Materials, or access to any Service or Materials; or
- Use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Services or Materials.
- Collect or store data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in this Section 6(d).
- Although Resilio does not generally monitor User activity occurring in connection with the Services or Materials, if Resilio becomes aware of any possible violations by you of any provision of the Terms, Resilio reserves the right to investigate such violations, and Resilio may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your rights hereunder, including your right to use the Services, or Materials or change, alter or remove Your Account Information, in whole or in part, without prior notice to you. If, as a result of such investigation, Resilio believes that criminal activity has occurred, Resilio reserves the right to refer the matter to, and to cooperate with, any and all applicable law enforcement authorities. Except to the extent prohibited by applicable Law, Resilio is entitled to retain and/or disclose any information or Materials, including Your Account Information (or elements thereof), in Resilio's possession in connection with your use of the Services to (i) comply with applicable Law, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce the Terms; (iii) respond to your requests for customer services; or (iv) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Resilio, its Users or third parties, including the public at large, as Resilio in its sole discretion believes to be necessary or appropriate.
You have no obligation to provide Resilio with ideas, suggestions, documentations and/or proposals (Feedback). However, if you submit Feedback to Resilio, while you retain ownership in such Feedback, you hereby grant Resilio a nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid-up, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, unlimited license under all of your Intellectual Property Rights to use and otherwise exploit your Feedback for any purpose throughout the universe. Further, by submitting Feedback, you represent and warrant that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of you or of third parties; (ii) Resilio is not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback; (iii) Resilio may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development; and (iv) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from Resilio for the Feedback under any circumstances.
- Links to Third Party Sites
The Services and Materials may include links that will take you to other sites outside of the Services (Linked Sites). The Linked Sites are provided by Resilio to you as a convenience and the inclusion of the links does not imply any endorsement by Resilio of any Linked Site. Resilio has no control of the Linked Sites and you agree that Resilio is not responsible for the availability or contents of any Linked Site (including any advertising, products or other materials on or available from such Linked Site), any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site.
- Modifications to Services and Materials
Resilio may at any time and from time to time modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services or Materials, or any portion thereof, with or without notice. You agree that Resilio shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or Materials.
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Resilio as set forth below.
- If you want to terminate your agreement with Resilio, you may do so by (i) notifying Resilio at any time and (ii) closing your accounts for all of the Services or Materials that you use, where Resilio has made this option available to you. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Resilio's address set forth below.
- Resilio may at any time terminate the Terms (or portion thereof, such as any individual Additional Terms) with you if:
- You have breached any provision of the Terms (or have acted in a manner that clearly shows you do not intend to, or are unable to, comply with the Terms);
- Resilio is required to do so by Law (for example, where the provision of the Services or Materials to you is, or becomes, unlawful);
- The provision of the Services to you by Resilio is, in Resilio's opinion, no longer commercially viable;
- Resilio has elected to discontinue the Services or Materials (or any part thereof); or
- There has been an extended period of inactivity in your account.
- Resilio may also terminate or suspend all or a portion of your account and/or access to the Services for any reason. Except as may be set forth in any Additional Terms applicable to a particular Service, termination of your account may include: (i) removal of access to all offerings within the Services; (ii) deletion of Your Content and Account Information, including your personal information, log-in ID and password, and all related information, files and Materials associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof); and (iii) barring of further use of the Services.
- You agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in Resilio's sole discretion and that Resilio shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your account (and accompanying deletion of your Account Information), or access to the Services and Materials, including Your Content.
- Upon expiration or termination of the Terms, you shall promptly discontinue use of the Services and Materials. However, any perpetual licenses you have granted, any of your indemnification obligations hereunder, any of Resilio's disclaimers or limitations of damages of liabilities hereunder and Sections 2, 3, 6(b-d), 7, 8-13, 15, 19, 20 and 21 will survive any termination or expiration of the Terms.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
- THE SITE, SERVICES AND MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY RESILIO AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, RESILIO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (I) THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; (II) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE EFFECTIVE, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (III) THE QUALITY OF THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR THAT (IV) ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS IN THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RESILIO OR THROUGH OR FROM USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- RESILIO SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO ANY ACTIONS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SERVICES AND YOUR USE OF MATERIALS. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. RESILIO ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY COMPUTER VIRUS OR SIMILAR CODE THAT IS DOWNLOADED TO YOUR COMPUTER FROM ANY OF THE SERVICES.
- RESILIO DOES NOT CONTROL, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIALS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES ACCESSIBLE THROUGH LINKED SITES. RESILIO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER ABOUT, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES, THEIR MATERIALS OR SERVICES. ANY DEALINGS THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH SUCH THIRD PARTIES ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- MANAGERS, HOSTS, PARTICIPANTS, MODERATORS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES ARE NOT AUTHORIZED RESILIO SPOKESPERSONS, AND THEIR VIEWS DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF RESILIO. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, RESILIO WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY RELATED TO USER CONTENT ARISING UNDER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, LIBEL, PRIVACY, PUBLICITY, OBSCENITY OR OTHER LAWS. RESILIO ALSO DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE MISUSE, LOSS, MODIFICATION OR UNAVAILABILITY OF ANY USER CONTENT.
- RESILIO WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS THAT YOU MAY INCUR AS A RESULT OF SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT OR ACCOUNT INFORMATION IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY SERVICES OR MATERIALS, EITHER WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY MAY LAST, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- International Users
- The Services can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to Services and Materials that are not available in your country. These references do not imply that Resilio intends to announce such Services or Materials in your country.
- These Services are controlled, operated and administered by Resilio, Inc. from its offices in the United States of America. Resilio makes no representation that the Services or Materials are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside the United States, and access to the Services from jurisdictions where the Services or Materials are illegal is prohibited. Resilio reserves the right to block access to the Services or Materials by certain international users. If you access the Services from a location outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local Laws. The following provisions apply to users outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities through our Services (such as advertising or payments) or operate a website.
- Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL RESILIO, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, PARTNERS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE OR IF RESILIO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR BASED ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT OR WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ANY OTHER CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SITE, SERVICES OR MATERIALS. NOTHING IN THE TERMS SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE RESILIO'S LIABILITY FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OF RESILIO OR ITS EMPLOYEES, OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.
- RESILIO'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND THAT OF ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDERED UNITED STATES DOLLARS ($100) OR THE AGGREGATE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, WHICHEVER IS LARGER. THIS LIMITATION WILL APPLY EVEN IF RESILIO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
- THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS IN THIS SECTION 15 APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN YOUR JURISDICTION. SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, THE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on or through our Services that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on or through our Services if we believe that it violates these Terms.
- We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our Copyright Policy.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including but not limited to Resilio, Sync and related logos), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on or through our Services.
Sometimes, we provide our mobile products for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data usage fees, will still apply.
- Export Control Laws
You acknowledge and agree that the Software may be subject to international rules that govern the export of software. You shall comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Software as well as end-user, end-use, destination restrictions issued by national governments or similar bodies, and restrictions on embargoed nations. In the US the Internet Communications Software is controlled under ECCN 5D992 of the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) under Encryption Registration Number (“ERN”) R111961 and thus may not be exported or re exported from the US to or downloaded by any person in any countries controlled for anti terrorism reasons under the EAR, which include Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Syria and Sudan. Moreover, the Internet Communications Software may not be exported or re exported from the US to or downloaded by any person or entity subject to US sanctions regardless of location. See www.bis.doc.gov/ComplianceAndEnforcement/ListsToCheck.htm and EAR Part 736. Resilio is making the Software available to you for download only on the condition that you certify that you are not such a person or entity and that the download is not otherwise in violation of US export control and sanctions regulations.
- Indemnity and Liability
You agree to indemnify and hold Resilio and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, co-branders or other partners, and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of Your Content, your use of the Services or Materials, your connection to the Services or Materials, the actions of any member of your group, your access to or use of Linked Sites and your connections therewith, any claim that Your Content caused damage to a third party, any dealings between you and any third parties advertising or promoting via the Services or Materials, your violation of the Terms, or your violation of any rights of another, including any Intellectual Property Rights.
- Resolution of Disputes
- All matters relating to your access to, or use of, the Services or Materials shall be governed by the Laws of the State of California, United States of America without regard to conflict of laws principles thereof. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Resilio must be resolved by a court located in Santa Clara County, California, United States of America except as otherwise agreed by the parties, or as set forth in section (b) below. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Santa Clara County, California, United States of America for the purpose of litigating such claims or disputes. The parties specifically disclaim the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) for less than $10,000, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost-effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. In the event a party elects arbitration, it shall initiate such arbitration through an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider mutually agreed upon by the parties. The ADR provider and the parties must comply with the following rules: (i) the arbitration shall be conducted by telephone, online, and/or be based solely on written submissions, the specific manner shall be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (ii) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; and (iii) any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- All claims you bring against Resilio must be resolved in accordance with this section. All claims filed or brought contrary to this section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to this section, Resilio may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to U.S. $1,000, provided that Resilio has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim and you have failed to properly withdraw the claim.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of your or others' unauthorized access to or use of the Services or Materials in violation of the Terms you agree that Resilio shall be entitled to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
- Any notice provided to Resilio pursuant to the Terms should be sent to 59 Grant Ave., Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94108, Attention: General Counsel.
- It is the express wish of the parties that the Terms, any Additional Terms and all related documents have been drawn up in English. C’est la volonté expresse des parties que la présente convention ainsi que les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
- Resilio may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email, regular mail, text message, postings on or within the Services, or other reasonable means now known or hereafter developed.
- The Terms constitute the entire agreement between Resilio and you with respect to your access to or use of the Services and Materials and supersede any prior agreements between you and Resilio on such subject matter.
- You may not assign or otherwise transfer the Terms, or any right granted hereunder, without Resilio's written consent. Resilio's rights under the Terms are freely transferable by Resilio.
- If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the parties as reflected by that provision, and the remainder of the Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- Any failure by Resilio to enforce or exercise any provision of the Terms, or any related right, shall not constitute a waiver of that provision or right.
- Please report any violations of the Terms via the report abuse mechanism offered in conjunction with the specific Service in which the alleged violation occurs.