How to Synchronize Many Files Across Multiple Sites
Resilio Connect / How to Synchronize Many Files Across Multiple Sites
Resilio Connect gives option to perform file transfer across multiple agents back and forth, or perform one-way file backup - through a Synchronization job. Files in the shares can be modified, new files added and some deleted, and these changes propagated to other agents in real time. With this job you can also make scheduled backup or file exchange.
This example assumes that you’ve already connected workstations as Resilio Connect Agents to the Management console.
A Preliminary Step: Create a Bandwidth Schedule Profile & Assign it to a Group
In the following example we will be synchronizing Invoices folder across agents and backup the files to a server at the end of the day.
- Go to tab 'SETTINGS'.
- Choose 'Bandwidth Scheduler'.
- Add a new schedule profile.
- Give it a name ("Backup"), specify the rule (run every day between 5:00-7:00 PM).
Now, we'll apply this profile to the "Synchronization RO" group. To do so, go to tab 'GROUPS' and follow these instructions:
- Select the group, and click 'EDIT' (you can also double-click to open the modal)
- In the Edit modal: Go to the 'Schedule' tab, and choose the "Backup" profile from the drop-menu, then click 'Save'.